Rumor: Rob Zombie's Back for a Sequel to His Halloween?
It's delicious to report on horror news amidst a month filled with cheer and goodwill. And one story that continues to make headlines is an upcoming sequel to Rob Zombie's 2007 re-imagining of the 1978 classic Halloween. Zombie's vision was noteworthy, so it's been slightly worrisome that he might not return for a possible sequel. When producer Malek Akkad said last month that long-considered French directors Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Muary still didn't have final paperwork, I started to wonder. Well, someone phoned ShockTillYouDrop.com today with word that Zombie will, in fact, return. Bring on the haters!
Following Akkad's statement, and which was overshadowed by Black Friday, was word that Bustillo and Muary had actually left the project, despite writing for the film for some time. There's little to the story of why they left, but I can't imagine this bodes well for the French duo hoping to make their American debut. If you recall, they were also attached to the Hellraiser remake, but left that project as well. What gives?
But back to the reason we're here, it's great to learn that Zombie might return for the sequel. I say might because all we have to go on right now is a little bird that spoke to STYD. Granted, most dark, pestilent little creatures that whisper to Ryan Rotten do seem to be reliable. For Zombie to work on the sequel, he'll reportedly have to postpone his other project, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and potentially an album in the works. If it all works out, and like I said before, I'm certainly not going to shy away from Rob Zombie returning - though I do wonder if he'll have time to partake in much writing (as he did with the first film) being that filming is due to start in March. So are folks excited that Zombie might be back?