Zack and Miri's Rogen and Banks' Sex Scene Concerns
Two days back we posted the first official photo from Kevin Smith's upcoming Zack and Miri Make a Porno, but that's not all USA Today had to offer. On a secondary page, Zack and Miri stars Seth Rogen and Elizabeth Banks each provided their own thoughts on preparations for shooting a sex scene together with a list of their top concerns. This may be bordering on the edge of celebrity gossip, but I had such a good time laughing at this list that I don't even care. I've presented each of the lists below as a side by side comparison because how one plays off of the other adds an even greater level of hilarity to it.
Rogen and Banks both wrote out their own list of concerns for the upcoming sex scene that they have yet to film, and without further ado, here they are…
• My back hair will be gross.
• I will sweat on her.
• She will look disgusted for the whole scene.
• I start crying (like I normally do during sex).
• She starts crying.
• I will make strange and off-putting sexual faces.
• I overdose on breath mints and deodorant.
• The cameraman refuses to shoot the scene.
• I wind up on (celebrity nude website) 'Mr. Skin' or 'Mrs. Skin,' if there is one.
• Her husband murders me.
• I have pimples on my tushy.
• Passing gas.
• My arms give out and I crush her.
• The ol' involuntary arousal.
• Giggle fits.
• Beard burn.
• My mother seeing it.
• Too much saliva when we kiss and a line of drool between our mouths when we pull apart.
• Seth's sweat stinging my eyes.
• My father seeing it.
• DVD freeze-frame.
• I go tongue, he goes close-mouthed.
• Two words: nipple slips.
• Two more words: back fat.
• My father-in-law seeing it.
• Body makeup giving me the 'Lindsay Lohan/Paris Hilton' orange tan.
• And finally: explaining myself to my future children.
Banks prefaced her list by saying that beyond not eating for a week to "avoid the totally obvious ones" that include burping, food in her teeth, and belly bloat, those were her concerns. She goes on to say:
"Let's be honest, a movie sex scene is horrifying it's exactly the same as sleeping with somebody you barely know for the first time, with all that built-in anxiety, only worse because someday it can be viewed on an 80-foot screen. After that, it's merely committed to the human record for eternity."
This really isn't anything beyond some extra fun thing to maybe help out Zack and Miri Make a Porno, but it was still something I had a good laugh at. As I mentioned in the first look piece, I'm looking forward to this quite a bit - you can never go wrong with Kevin Smith. And I have to say this whole sex scene sounds like it'll be a riot to watch.
Lifelong platonic friends Zack (Rogen) and Miri (Banks) look to solve their respective cashflow problems by making an adult film together. As the cameras roll, however, the duo begin to sense that they may have more feelings for each other than they previously thought.
Zack and Miri Make a Porno is both written and directed by Kevin Smith (Clerks, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back). It doesn't have a release date yet, but is expect to be out sometime by the end of the year from The Weinstein Company.