The Potential Superhero Line-Up for 'Justice League' Now Revealed?
It's 2013, which means this is finally the year for Superman to rise to the big screen again in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel (watch the most recent stunning trailer right here). That also means we'll finally know whether or not Snyder's take on The Big Blue Boy Scout will be the same version taking to the skies along with the superhero ensemble Justice League, which Warner Bros is still hoping to release in 2015. Well, someone at Cosmic Book News has a source at DC Entertainment that has revealed a few details on the superhero line-up that will be used. It's basically the line-up that everyone would expect from DC Comics.
Here's the information that Cosmic Book News (via Superhero Hype) rounded up:
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
Therefore, this will be the first time we'll be seeing Wonder Woman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman on the big screen. That's a lot of characters to introduce in a superhero ensemble. It's already been established that DC Entertainment is basically doing the reverse of what Marvel did with The Avengers by starting with Justice League and then giving each hero their own movie (with the exception of Man of Steel potentially kicking off everything much like Iron Man).
We'll take this as rumor for now, and one thing that has us skeptical is that there's no mention of whether or not Batman is Joseph Gordon-Levitt from The Dark Knight Rises or if there are any other ties to that universe. That seems to be an important detail conveniently left out. Either way, with only two years until the potential release of Justice League, there should be some solid updates soon. Thoughts?