Kathryn Bigelow's Triple Frontier Project Will Shoot Next Year
Now that she is almost definitively the most successful female film director to date, Kathryn Bigelow can pretty much do whatever she wants, but Argentinean paper La Nacion (via The Playlist) says she is simply moving forward with her high-stakes ensemble project Triple Frontier (we heard about it last year) which is set in the notorious border zone between Paraguay, Argentina, Brazil making "la triple frontera" difficult to monitor and a haven for organized crime. The film reunites her with The Hurt Locker's writer Mark Boal and there's rumors circling that Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Denzel Washington might be starring.
Despite all of that, The Playlist speculates that these casting rumors may simply be the result of the older NY Times article that talked about Boal meeting with various actors to discuss future projects. The film will be produced through Atlas Entertainment, the production banner headed by Dark Knight producer Charles Roven, and is said to have flavors of Traffic running through it. With Roven's backing and the involvement of the entire Academy Award winning team from The Hurt Locker, this is sure to be a highly anticipated film to look forward to as Bigelow's big follow-up to The Hurt Locker. Stay tuned! Sound like a cool project?
Reader Feedback - 7 Comments
sounds intresting,some fine actors mentioned & the hurt locker was pretty good.
DEADPOOL 72 on Apr 2, 2010
Sean Penn?? Really?? I'm out. Yeah he's a great actor, but there's no way I'll watch a move with this communist asshole ever again.
watwat on Apr 2, 2010
Hurt Locker wasnt pretty good, most successful female director? depends on what terms. She won a oscar, but the movie didnt do dick at the box office.
People's Champ on Apr 2, 2010
@3 it wasn't her fault that The Hurt Locker was marketed very poorly by the production company.
GET TO DA CHOPPAAAAAA! on Apr 2, 2010
The canerwork was nice but the story was kinda boring. Sorry but thats the truth.
Kevin on Apr 2, 2010
@4 Guess it didnt get much word of mouth either. I think I'd recommend 40 other movies that came out last year that was better.
People's Champ on Apr 2, 2010
I do not believe that they accepted the script of this film. For those who do not know, after the attacks of September 2011, the U.S., with the excuse that they were not terrorists at the border of Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil have sent their troops to Paraguay. There have been several investigations for several years and there is no indication terrorism was found. But the troops remain there. So, do exactly what they did with the Arab countries, with the excuse that there were weapons of mass destruction, invaded, killed several innocent people and steal oil. The weapons of mass destruction were never found (because there is no weapon). We are threatened, and there are people who think the best damn hard this movie in our natural heritage. The Iguaçu is the largest freshwater reserve in the world, to America to save the movie, send troops. They want to present to the world as incapable of taking care of their own heritage, villains. While the Americans unleashed (with a huge American flag), will be the heroes of history. Brazil opens the eye, they are wanting our wealth. We do not need help from Americans to take care of our heritage. For, they are the greatest terrorist in the world and the largest polluters. Everyone talks about the sadness of the assassination attempt by the U.S. in 2001. Nobody talks about the years (many years) of suffering that has caused the U.S. to the Arab countries. Certainly more people have died in war than in the attack. Today, they speak of the Arab people, as if they were all bandits, there are people who work honestly, regardless of race and color. As in the U.S. there are also many people who do not pay. The triple border, there are people of Arab descent, but honestly, working from sunrise to sunset.
lidiane brasil on Oct 26, 2010
Sorry, no commenting is allowed at this time.