LATEST NEWS

Norton's 'Leaves of Grass' to Finally Hit Theaters Next Month

by
August 31, 2010
Source: The Playlist

Leaves of Grass

After numerous delays, release date shifts, distributor changes, and straight-to-DVD scares, anyone who's interested in actually seeing Tim Blake Nelson's Leaves of Grass, starring two Edward Nortons in twin roles, will finally have the chance to do so next month. Its been confirmed (by The Playlist and indieWIRE) that First Look Studios will finally be bringing the film to limited theaters on September 17th, but in only New York City and Tulsa, Oklahoma (where most of the film takes place). Leaves of Grass will then arrive on DVD/Blu-Ray in mid-October (pre-order on Amazon) for everyone who does not live in those two cities.

Leaves of Grass isn't exactly the best movie out there, but I'm giving it this extra attention because it was one of my favorites from Toronto last year and I've been anxious to see it again since then. Unfortunately the release has been delayed over and over because the distribution keeps changing hands. It's a fun film, partial stoner comedy, partial action comedy, partial romantic drama, but overall it's a solid film from Tim Blake Nelson. Norton also does a superb job playing two roles and next to Moon, it's one of the best dual role features of the last few years that's mesmerizing to watch simply for that technical achievement alone.

If you haven't seen it, you can watch the official trailer here or read my review from Toronto last year. I also caught up with Norton and Nelson at TIFF for a video interview which you can watch here. I'll personally be seeing this again once it's released and I hope a few of you check it out as well. Anyone still interested?

Release Update: I was informed that Leaves of Grass will be opening in Baltimore on September 17th and expanding to Dallas and Austin, Texas starting on September 24th as well. A few more cities at least.

Find more posts: Indies, Movie News, Release Dates

Discover more around the web:

Reader Feedback - 9 Comments

1

This film is old, like super old. I thought it was pretty good though, but isn't it out on DVD now?

Crapola on Aug 31, 2010

2

saw it, loved it.

Xerxex on Aug 31, 2010

3

was alright

DoomCanoe on Aug 31, 2010

4

Do you ever asked yourself why almost 99% of the movies has been made by the companies (Nu Image Films) and (Millennium Films) are always straight-to-DVD !!!???? and the other 1% is The Expendables !!! 😉

shero on Aug 31, 2010

5

i'm very excited to see the excellent ed norton pull off the dual roles. to anyone who has already seen this movie - from the trailer, i was getting it had a "homegrown" (with billy bob thornton, hank azaria) feel to it - am i right or is this movie totally different from that one?

beavis on Aug 31, 2010

6

FINALLY TULSA GETS AN EXCLUSIVE!!! haha SUCK ON THAT BITCHES

John Stamos on Aug 31, 2010

7

this movie was very entertaining

solodolopolo on Sep 1, 2010

8

If you like Coen-esque films, you'll love this. Norton is at his best here too. SO good.

Chris on Sep 1, 2010

9

I'm going to see this tonight, and Ed Norton and the director are both there for a Q&A after the film. So excited! Hopefully I'll get to film the Q&A too... 🙂

Dave13 on Sep 17, 2010

Sorry, no commenting is allowed at this time.

FEATURED POSTS

POPULAR COMMENTS

LAST YEAR'S TOP 10

Alex's Top 10 - 2017
1. Call Me By Your...
2. War for Apes
3. Shape of Water
4. Florida Project
5. Dunkirk
6. Jane
7. Foxtrot
8. Faces, Places
9. Never Really Here
10. Thelma
Click Here for Thoughts

Jeremy's Top 10- 2017
1. mother!
2. Lady Bird
3. A Ghost Story
4. The Big Sick
5. Dunkirk
6. Get Out
7. Killing Sacred Deer
8. John Wick 2
9. War for Apes
10. The Beguiled
Click Here for Thoughts

FOLLOW US HERE

Subscribe to our feed or daily newsletter:
Follow Alex's main profile on twitter:
For the news posts only, follow this acct:

Add FS to your Feedly updates: click here

OUR FACEBOOK / AD