Listen to the Entire Amazing 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Soundtrack Now
The new film, Inside Llewyn Davis, from Joel & Ethan Coen arrives next month, and while the direction from the siblings and their incredible cast featuring Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, Garrett Hedlund, Adam Driver and more will certainly make it a stellar experience, the film's soundtrack is like a character unto itself. Iconic musician T Bone Burnett has worked with the Coen Brothers for years, including producing the incredble soundtrack for O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and now his entire soundtrack for the film is available to stream right now. Listen below!
Here's one of the tracks from the Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack, hear the whole album at NPR:
Here's the entire tracklist so you know just what you're listening to at NPR:
1. “Hang Me, Oh Hang Me” (Traditional; Arranged by T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
2. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song)” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Marcus Mumford and Oscar Isaac
3. “The Last Thing on My Mind” (Tom Paxton) – Stark Sands
4. “Five Hundred Miles” (Hedy West) – Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan and Stark Sands
5. “Please Mr. Kennedy” (Ed Rush, George Cromarty, T Bone Burnett, Justin Timberlake, Joel Coen and Ethan Coen) – Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake and Adam Driver
6. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Oscar Isaac
7. “The Death of Queen Jane” (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
8. “The Roving Gambler” (Traditional) – John Cohen with the Down Hill Strugglers
9. “The Shoals of Herring” (Ewan MacColl) – Oscar Isaac
10. “The Auld Triangle” (Brendan Behan) – Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake and Gabe Witcher
11. “The Storms Are on the Ocean” (A.P. Carter) – Nancy Blake
12. “Fare Thee Well (Dink’s Song) (Traditional; Arranged by Oscar Isaac and T Bone Burnett) – Oscar Isaac
13. “Farewell” (Bob Dylan) – Bob Dylan
14. “Green, Green Rocky Road” (Len Chandler and Robert Kaufman) – Dave Van Ronk
Joel and Ethan Coen are writing and directing Inside Llewyn Davis, which was originally inspired by real-life musician Dave Van Ronk. The story chronicles a struggling musician's time as a larger-than-life presence in the 60's folk music scene in Greenwich Village, known for the famous folk-music haunts and mentoring musicians such as Bob Dylan. Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan, John Goodman, Garrett Hedlund, Adam Driver and more star in the film which also brings back O Brother Where Art Thou music producer T-Bone Burnett working with Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons. CBS Films picked up Inside Llewyn Davis and has the film scheduled to arrive on December 6th late this year.
Reader Feedback - 3 Comments
You forgot to link to NPR: http://www.npr.org/2013/11/03/242103173/first-listen-soundtrack-inside-llewyn-davis NoOneSuch makes you click each song, and it's just previews.
rkuykendall on Nov 5, 2013
No One Such doesn't have the full album available to listen. Here's the NPR link: http://www.npr.org/2013/11/03/242103173/first-listen-soundtrack-inside-llewyn-davis Thanks Ethan. This is good stuff.
Yohan Park on Nov 5, 2013
Thanks, we switched over to NoOneSuch until NPR fixed their player!
Ethan Anderton on Nov 6, 2013
Sorry, new comments are no longer allowed.